Friday, June 17, 2011

When Granny met her newest 'Apo'

June 15.

Okay, here it goes.
It was a “biglaang lakad” with my dearest Xtna and my Apo at SM Manila.
I was actually an hour late because I extended time staying at school after the college mass.
Actually, I was really nervous to see them, to see my Apo especially because I had this feeling that she will introduce to me her boyfriend. And I think it’s too awkward, I had no idea about this guy, neither his name nor what he does. To think, I really find too awkward meeting people whom I have no prior knowledge about, but still I end up having no choice.
Well, Xtna and I have been planning to see each other since I had started my ojt. Unfortunately, it didn’t happen so once we had the opportunity, we grabbed it.
Upon arriving at SM Manila, as always, I was haggard, haha. Fixed myself first then looked for them.
I find it hard to find them because I was not familiar with the place and my eye sight is poor, but gladly they found me. Haha.
I hugged Xtna tight; I hugged her like I wouldn’t want to free her. I wanted to whisper everything I feel to her. I almost forgot, well actually I try to forgot, and that we were actually three and not only two. I greeted her casually, after 2 years? Almost 2 years, it’s the first time we see each other, I haven’t heard anything from her and she haven’t heard anything from me either. That awkward moment with the person you had known before, everything about that person, seemed to be a stranger this time.
Well, life’s like that, I just have to deal it with maturely. And I did it.
We had a really fun conversation, I found myself doing almost all the talking all the time. I notice that my Apo was really paying so much attention in everything I say. Maybe she knew she missed a lot about me which is not normal for the two of us.
We actually stayed there from around 5p.m. until the mall closes. Haha.
What I have been nervous about happened, my Apo’s boyfriend arrived. I don’t know, I think he’s actually nice and he looked like a gentleman, maybe harmless, haha. I was not able to talk with him because I have nothing to say, honestly.
Xtna did all the interviewing. Haha. I’m sure he also found it awkward being asked by friends so close to his loved. While Xtna was talking with the guy, I had nothing to do but observe. I don’t know, there’s something in me that wanted to be sure that this guy is really good. Well maybe, it’s natural; I wanted the special person for me be taken extra care by someone else.
She actually notice it, she actually notice that I have been “deeply observing” everything. I’m trying to be casual and natural as possible but I couldn’t control how my eyes express. Xtna also notice it, she even told me that when I look someone straight to their eyes, I am finding the real story behind it, more than what words said or the gestures expressed.
It’s time to bid goodbye, Xtna asked me this question which I know she would really ask me.
“So ano naming masasabi mo sa boyfriend ni Shobe?” Xtna asked me seriously. I know that she knows how important my answer will be. But I just said, “Okay naman, mukha namang mabait, magalang naman, pero… basta,” then I giggled. I know, through Xtna’s facial expression, she got what I really meant.

No comments: