Sunday, June 19, 2011

It really is goodbye -- for now.

May 27

Now, it’s for real. It is really my last day of ojt. I can’t extend anymore simply because I’ll be back in school two weeks from now.

I was really sad today. It’s been almost 2 months since I started my ojt.

It was not on my plan to apply in Philippine Star, I must admit I was really looking forward on applying in Philippine Daily Inquirer, but failed.

During my first week in ojt, all I wanted is for it to finish because of too much nervousness with my mentor.

I thought having mg ojt this summer instead of soaking myself under the heat of the sun of which what I am used to do will be a the biggest ‘fail summer’ I’ll ever had.

I proved myself wrong, definitely wrong.

I was not able to enjoy my summer as a vacation, but I enjoyed it working my skill, my craft, and my passion.
 
I was not expecting to learn this far in a span of months of unending training.
Reading, writing, listening, understanding, these were just some of my skills enhanced during my ojt.

I was really attached to the extent that I loved what I am doing more than anything else. I learned to sacrifice a lot of things, revoked every opportunity of vacation just not to miss important coverage and stories.

I have met a lot of important personalities that made me understand things on a deeper side.

I know I would not be able to assure myself that I will still experience this kind of love of work once I am the one on the field, no supervisions, all by myself.

I may not end up writing for a good paper nor may I not end up practicing my skill. Having my ojt gave me that once in a lifetime experience to learn everything that made me a better person, a better person on my chosen field.

p.s. I owe everything to Sir Ren, he did not only teach me, he inspired me.



i'll be missing the DENR press office, which became my training home...
The trainee's work area, the DENR press office living room (the seat adjacent from where I always sit at), thanks for the comfort you gave me.

The DENR phone and fax machine which gave me a really good help on contacting my sources.

the first Saturday work we had, that end up a bonding day for us...
The Krispy Kreme treat for my co-trainees :)
The real-field experience, thanks to camp karingal


The Public Information Office of QCPD with Ma'am Joey and Sir Jorge


The Crime Investigation and Detention Unit, where I experienced almost the weirdest thing I had imagined.



No comments: