Friday, June 17, 2011

Last Day(s)

May 20

Supposedly, this is my last day of work. I woke up with mixed emotions, I feel happy that I will finally have my vacation but also sad because I’ll be missing my work, my colleagues. I even wore my favorite dress and pair of shoes because supposedly my mentor and my co-trainees will enjoy the Friday night, out.

I was about to take a bath when my mentor sent me message saying that I should be early in the qcpd because yesterday night, the bus driver that hit the cab carrying Simbulan surrendered in Davao and was about to be brought at the qcpd headquarters.
 
I was in a hurry same as my co-trainees.

When I was about to ride the tricycle to qcpd, my mentor called me saying that I could go first at the QC hall of justice to check the courts if there is any development with the cases we are monitoring, Ivler’s, Dominguez and the Maguindanao Massacre’s.

My co-trainees and I went there, luckily there was a new development regarding the Ampatuans. The medical result of the examination of Ampatuan Sr. was released and other four stories were also there.

After which, we went to qcpd because apparently, my mentor said that the bus driver will arrived at the headquarters at around 2pm.

We have arrived there at around 12pm. My mentor assigned me the most difficult and complicated story we gathered, the medical result and the petition for arraignment of Ampatuan Sr.

Kai & Lee: Doing their assigned articles (without being pressured)

He had just given me an hour to finish it before the bus driver arrived.
I was in a rush typing my story. My thoughts come randomly, I could not control my mind on what information should I include of my story.

Me: pressured doing my article
“Pressured” is my name. (Apparently, actually always. My mentor assigns to me the most difficult and most complicated stories)

I continued my work in the conference room waiting for the bus driver. Pressure, pressure, pressure. It didn’t overcome me instead I have produced a good article.

After I finished my article at around 2pm, we waited for the bus driver.
Hours passed, neither the shadow of the bus driver appeared and talked to us.

At around 5pm, qcpd director chief superintendent George Regis talked to us explaining that the plane that should carry the bus driver from Davao to Manila experienced an engine problem so the flight was delayed and was set to be flying back to Manila at around 10pm.
All of a sudden, we felt “badtrip”. If the bus driver will just be leaving Davao at around 10pm, he will apparently arrive in Manila at around past 2am which means that out “Friday night out” is postponed.

Bored waiting.

We all felt disappointed, we planned it so well, and we even brought extra clothes.
Since my mentor had to wait for that bus driver until he arrives, he wanted us to go home instead.

However, we wanted to experience such coverage, we insist on staying.

We went first to SM North to unwind while waiting for the instruction of our mentor to go back to qcpd.
Roxlee

Me

Kai
We ate dinner at Tokyo Tokyo, read books, took photos and did everything to let time pass.
We were tired, we woke up early and did a lot today, but we never lose energy, we were actually excited.

At around 10pm, we went back to qcpd. Instead of taking a nap, we ended up having a photo shoot around the camp. The lighting was perfect for a “madrama” subject.
photo taken by Roxlee

photo taken by Roxlee

photo taken by Roxlee

We actually enjoyed. After which we stayed at the crime investigation and detention unit.
We sat there then suddenly we felt sleepy. We entered the homicide office, found a bench, sat on it then suddenly we fell asleep.
lee: anew ba? me: keme lang.


May 21

At around past 11pm, I suddenly woke up, checked my phone and saw miscall and a text message from my mentor. I wake up my co-trainees saying that our mentor was looking for us and instructing us to go to the PIO.

At around past midnight, we went to the conference room and waited for the bus driver.
My mentor even teased me, “ano Bianca? Are you still with us?” then I just smiled.



I suddenly told my co-trainees, “Tanginang last day yan, di na natatapos?” then we all laughed. they never thought I they could actually hear from me such word.

At around 2pm, the bus driver together with is legal counsel lawyer Salvador Panelo arrived and immediately entered Supt. Regis’ office and talked in private.

Espinosa's legal counsel, Lawyer Salvador Panelo

(L-R) Assistant City Prosecutor Irene Resurrection, QCPD Director Chief Superintendent George Regis and MMDA Chairman Francis Tolentino


Frustratingly, the bus driver did not face the press who had been waiting for him for almost 12 hours (2pm-2am).
He did not even say any statement to the press instead he let his lawyer, the mmda chairman, a city prosecutor and Supt. Regis face the press.

We waited for 12 hours for the press conference that lasted less than 15 minutes.
  
Wait, my “last days” isn’t finished yet. We left the qcpd past 2am meaning we went to McDonald’s Mindanao Avenue and let the time pass until the sun rise which means we can go home.

We did the craziest thing you could imagine me doing. It was like we were the only customers of McDo. I even had my concert there. I drank two cups of coffee without eating anything.

*chenen* i think i was singing here. haha.

It was around 7am, we decided to move out of McDo and walked to SM North and go home. While walking, we passed y a news stand, we bought a news paper.

Surprisingly, my second published article was there. What I wrote about Ampatuan Sr. was there. It was really mine, my words, my thoughts, my skill. It was mine.

However, upon seeing it, I was not able to appreciate it simply because I was really tired.

My last days were unforgettable and I’m so overwhelmed with it.

THANKS TO THIS GUYS FOR MAKING MY OJT A HAPPY ONE. :)

No comments: