Friday, June 17, 2011

It's an unexpected blessing


May 17

"my" (i wanted to say it's mine) very first published article.

I got my very first published article on the pages of the Philippine Star. My name was not there because the company protects the trainees from being sued of libel.
But that article was mine, actually it was a collaborative effort with another trainee, but I can justify its just mine. It’s just that he typed it.

That article was a made up of my words, my thoughts and my skill. It was just that I am not knowledgeable about typing a word document on a BlackBerry phone.

The feeling was extra ordinary, simply because I was not expecting that my article will be published because the first time I had done an article about an ambush, that article was not published and I must admit, I felt frustrated having the fact that my blockmates always update on their social networking site that they have just published article/s.

Since I was not expecting it, I did not buy a copy of the news paper early in the morning, of which I usually do. I went to qcpd late, I got their at almost 11am which is an hour late than I regularly came.

When I entered the public information office, my mentor was already there waiting for the coffee he had instructed me to buy.

I sat down then scanned the journal. While scanning the police stories, my mentor asked me if I have read the newspaper, I felt nervous because I didn’t read nor watched the news that day.

Surprisingly, he told me with a big smile on his face “oh, be sure na bumili ka ng dyaryo ngayun, kasi ayan yung article mo kahapon oh, banner story ng metro page.”

Then my reaction was, “di nga sir?” then he and the other police official who was clipping the news stories about cops laugh at me and showed me my article.

Then I was just happy, speechless, I felt like “hey is this for real?” and yes it was for real. The first thing I did was to talk in my head to PapaGod and thank him for the biggest blessing he had given me that day, after which I talked to my grandmother, it was her 3rd death anniversary today, saying thanks to her because I know, it was her present for me. After thanking people in my head, I texted my co-trainees who were absent that day because they have to enroll. They were also very happy for me. 

I texted my mom and my brother telling them to buy copies of the newspaper and show to my relatives my article, I was really proud of it, not boasting but I just want people to appreciate my achievement same as how I appreciate it.

No comments: