Thursday, April 21, 2011

THE ONDOY EXPERIENCE

It was Saturday, September 26, 2009..
I know it will be a rainy day..
But I didn't expect its going to be that hard..

I was busy finishing all my activities for Monday because I'll be sleeping over Claire's 18th at Laguna..
I did my Journ written report Friday night and finished my Ethics paper in no time same as my English homework..

I was so happy that time because I got to finish everything in no time..

It's the first time my mom allowed me with no hassle that's why I want to grab the oppurtunity on going..
"My gahd, ngayon lang ako pinayagan.."

hahaha..

I eat lunch... sinigang na bangus...


Then I left the house 12.30pm..
It wasn't raining that hard at that time..

I never thought it will be so long before I'll be coming home..


The next thing I knew..
I was riding the jeep..
And everyone's texting me saying they are not going to Claire's because of flood...
Then the rain becames harder and harder..

So I decided not to go either..
I didn't drop off the jeepney I was riding to Monumento...
I was thinking if I will drop off maybe I'll not be able to ride anything to go home along the way so it's better to drop off on the jeepney stop in Victory Mall where I am assure there's a jeepney to ride home..

But what happened was completely a disaster..


The jeepney I was riding didn't make it to the Mall..
But instead he told us, "dito na lang kayo, di ko na makabig ang manibela ko"

Then I was "whattt??"

When I was looking around...
I can't see anything but water..
Deep deep water..


But I had no choice..
I had to go down an walk to this deep, cold, dirty water..

I wanted to cry at that moment coz' I was thinking what if I'll just drown there..
But I didn't let my emotions overcome me..
I am strong..
I can't make it..


Can you imagine....
I walked from Meralco up to nower..
I walked in the middle of Monumento..
Haha..
Siga!!

Good thing nakita ko si Manong with the orange rain coat walking along with me..

"Manong pa-hawak po ha"
I told him..
Good thing he's nice..

I told him, "sa may Victory Mall po ako manong"

But he didn't allow me to go there because he said it's too deep and the agos was too powerful..

Then he accompanied me to the left sidewalk, then he left me there...

I continue walking until I reached Ministop...
I want to go inside but my gOsh..
I was so wet..
Half of my body was wet..

So I continue walking until I reached the pedestrian lane...

"Napaka lakas ng agos"..
I wondered how I will get to the other side..

I texted my mommy..
"Ma, dito na ako tapat ng puregold, di pa ako nakakatawid kasi ang lakas ng agos ng tubig.."

Then my mom called me, "dyan ka lang muna! kung di mo kayang tumawid wag ka munang tumawid baka matangay ka ng tubig"

Then I waited..
Kumuha ng tyempo kung kelan kaya ko na...

Then I got the power to go to the other side..
My gahd..
Kung nakita niyo lang kung gano ka-lakas ang agos..
Muntik na kong umiyak na lang..


Then finally..
nakatawid din ako..

Then I walked..
From Puregold..
To Araneta Square...
To the entrance of Victory Mall..

I was so wet..
Good thing I have clothes in my bag..
So I changed clothe..

I went out to ride the jeepney..
But my gOsh..
The way was also flooded..

But whatever..
I am also wet..
Why bother..

Then I had the chance to ride the jeepney..

The barker said, ride all the jeepneys..
When the flood along the way is "bumaba" we'll be going home..

So I stayed there for my sit not to be taken by elsewho..

I ride the jeepney at 3pm or so..

Then I waited..

It's now 5pm... then 6pm.. then..

I waited until 11pm..

I was so hungry, I had no food, I had no friends to talk to..

IN SHORT, I WANTED NOTHING BUT TO CRY..

I was so tired, my whole bpdy aches..

Good thing I had few batteries for my cellphone..

I got the chance to communicate with everyone..

By 11pm..

My Tita's brother, Tito fetched me then let me slept in their house in Sangandaan..

Gahhd..

I got the chance to took a bath..
Ate..
And finally rest..


Next day..

September 27, 2009..
I woke up..
Ate bfast..
Took a bath..

I had no news what happened in our house because everyones there had their batteries drained..
I don't even know where my brother is..

Good thing my 2cousins also went there with me..
And another..
They have their laptop with them..

I've waited for my brother's respnse..

Finally..

Maybe it's about 3 or 4pm my brother arrived their..

We ate champorado..
haha..
I just wanted to share..


then..

the Next day..

September 28, 2009

Im still not home..
Good thing my mother and my tita went to us to bring our clothes..
It was also my tita's bday..

Evening came..
then my tito, as a bday present to my tita..
Brought us to his condo..


@ the Condo..
this was in Malate, Manila..
In front of Robinson's Place Manila..

we had pampered ourselves after a harsh flood came along..

it was fun fun..

the next day..

I enjoyed our stay there in the condo..
then finally..
before going home..
Me, my brother and my cousin enjoyed ourselves swimming..
then eating at Kenny's..


Finally..
after days..
I got home..

2 comments:

nickky dg said...

Yes. Tandang-tanda lahat ah! LOL.

mabie said...

can you just imagine? haha. ganon talaga pag journalist, every detail counts :))